Job Title – HSE Officer (Health, Safety & Environment)
Role of the HSE officer is to evaluate and monitor health, safety & Environment hazards and develop strategies to control risks, provide safety management, advice, monitoring, and reporting etc. in the workplace. The role also includes engage staff in programs that ensure safe practice, inspection of the construction sites to ensure compliance with workplace safety regulations and those for the handling and storage of hazardous substances.
- Support in development, implementation and evaluation of HSE programs and strategies
- Provide consultation and deliver training programs to employer and employees on issues of workplace safety and environmental protection
- Inspect workplace / construction site to ensure that equipment, materials and production processes do not present a safety or health hazard to employees or the general public
- Compile and maintain relevant registers to ensure compliances
- Conduct Health, safety and environmental audits
- Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislations
- Oversee installations, maintenance, proper disposal of debris/chemicals etc.
- Stop and report acts / processes that would compromise safety
- Need to maintain organisations HSE relevant policies in all the aspects
- Site housekeeping works, logistic planning & monitoring as per the requirements.
- Timely reporting / updating
- Labour, machineries, equipment’s, tools etc., management as per HSE requirements
- Any other task assigned by Engineer/ Reporting Manager/Heads.
- Diploma in Fire & Safety Engineering / Industrial Safety Managements, with Relevant Certifications.
Bachelor degree in any stream
5-7 years of proven on-site experience in Health, Safety & Environmental in High Rise Commercial/Residential Building – based organizations.
Sound knowledge of legislation and procedures, potentially hazardous materials or practices etc.
Good communication and interpersonal
Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Eager to learn, adaptable and flexible, willing to work with and through others